The Home Brew Recipe Calculating Program
Thanks for stopping by the Home Brew Calculating Program Web Page. HBRCP is software designed to compute beer recipes and serve as a log for the brewing of those recipes.
Sign or View the HBRCP Guestbook, courtesy of Lpage.Com
The download files can be found on the HBRCP Download Page. From there you will be able to download the program and other required files.
The following are some of the features available in HBRCP V2.2 (click on the link to display a screen shot and/or read the documentation of the feature).
- Full Screen Recipe Display - View and maintain recipes on one easy to use screen that calculates OG, IBUs, Lovibond, ABV, and Calories.
- Completely User Maintainable Tables - Including:
- Grains/Fermentables - Track Type, S.G. Contribution, Mashed, Diastatic power (Linter), Lovibond and additional Notes for any type of fermentable.
- Hops - Track Type, Growth Region, AA Range, Profile, Use, Commerical Examples, Substitions, and additional Information for any hop.
- Miscellaneous Ingredients - Track Type, Usage and addition Information for any other brewing ingredient.
- Yeast Strains - Track Name, Apparent Attenutation, Floculation, Type, Manufacturer, Mfg No, and additional information for any yeast strain.
- Styles - Track Style, Substyle, Type, SG Ranges, Alcohol Ranges, IBU Ranges, Bitterness Preception, Hop Flavor, Hop Aroma, Esters Preception, Diacetyl Preception, CO2 Volumes, Body/Mouthfeel, Lovibond, Color Character, and additional Comments for any beer style.
- Notes - Keeps notes organized and searchable. Great place to keep useful information nuggets.
- Hop Utilization - Track the Hop utilization percentages vs boil time for Whole and Pellet hops.
- Priming Sugars - Tracks information about various priming sugars and addition information.
- Units - Add user defined units to the program.
- Many Helpful Calculators - Including:
- Weight Converter - Converts between Kilograms, Pounds, Ounces, and Grams.
- Volume Converter - Converts between Barrels, Hectoliters, Imperial Gallons, Gallons, Liters, Quarts, Pints, Cups, Ounces, Imperial Ounces, Tablespoons, and Teaspoons.
- Kettle Volume Calculator - Input an Initial Volume, Initial S.G. and either the Final Volume or Final S.G. and this will calculate the Final Volume or Final S.G.
- Mash Temp Calculator - Input the Malt Mass, Malt Heat Capacity, Water Volume, Current Mash Temp, Temp Added and Final Temp and this will calculate the amount of water to infuse at the Temp Added or the mass of the mash to decoct, heat to the Temp Added and return to the mash to reach the Final Temp.
- IBU Calculator - Input the Hop AAU, Hop Form, Boil length, Volume, Wort S.G., and either Amount or IBU and this will calculate the Amount needed or the expected IBUs.
- Bottle Priming - Input the Style, Volume, Current Temp, Sugar Type (corn or cane sugar), Current CO2 volumes and Final Volumes of CO2 desired and this will calculate the amount of priming sugar to add by weight (based on work done by Dave Draper).
- Force Carbonation - Input the Style, Current Temp and the Volumes of CO2 desired and this will calculate the pressure to set your regulator to.
- Temperature Calculator - Convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Calculator - Standard Calculator.
- Calendar - A calendar with notes.
- Useful Reports - Including:
- System Customization - Including:
- Setup - Define Brewery Name, Brewery Logo, Small Brewery Logo, System Sound Wave, Recipe Sort Order, Default Primer, Default Efficency, Default Boil Volume, Default Volume Units, Default Grain Units, Default Hop Units, Default Hop Form, Default Temperature Units, Default Grist Ratio, and Default Malt Heap Capacity.
- Brewer Information - Define Brewer Name and Address information for contest entry forms and labels.
- About - Show the software credits screen and registration information.
- Pack Tables - Purge the system of deleted records.
- Export Tables - Export data to the clipboard or a file as a backup or to move to a new version of HBRCP.
- Import Tables - Import data from previous versions of HBRCP.
Comments? Question? Email me at email@example.com
Check out my homepage at Varady's Virtual Void.
Last Updated: 25-JAN-99