The Home Brew Recipe Calculating Program - Force Carbonation Calculator
This is the Force Carbonation Calculator. By selecting the style, entering the current temperature of the beer and the desired volumes of CO2, this calculator can be used to determine the amount of pressure to apply to your conditioning vessel to reach the desired carbonation level.
- Beer Style - This field indicates style of beer being carbonated. Click on the button in the corner of the field to change the style. Changing this field will redisplay the CO2 Range to reflect the value in the Styles Table, set the CO2 Desired to the low end of the range, and recalculate the recommended regulator pressure.
- CO2 Range - This field displays the CO2 Range that is entered in the Styles Table for the Beer Style selected.
- Current Temp - This field is used to indiciate the current temperature of the beer to be force carbonated. Based on the beer temperature, more or less pressure will need to be applied to properly carbonate it. Changing this field will cause the recommended regulator pressure to be recalculated.
- Temperature Units - This field is used to indiciate the temperature units used by the calculator. Click on the button in the corner of the field to change the temperature units and convert the Current Temp to the new units.
- Desired CO2 - This field is used to indiciate the desired level of CO2 in the carbonated beer. Changing this field will cause the recommended regulator pressure to be recalculated.
- Set Regulator to 00.0 lbs to Carbonate - This field displays the recommended regulator pressure.
Return to the HBRCP homepage.
Comments? Question? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out my homepage at Varady's Virtual Void.
Last Updated: 25-JAN-99